Re-Elect Billy Vogle Robertson County Mayor
Four years ago, I was honored to be elected as the new Mayor of Robertson County. In my first term, our county and cities have seen growth like we have never experienced before. As growth in other parts of our country begins to slow down, Middle Tennessee will only continue to grow.
We have handled the growth in Robertson County without the burden of large tax increases. We need to focus on the basics. We will need schools and infrastructure to meet the growing demands. However, I also challenge us to keep our rural, down-home mindset.
In my time in office, we have had three state audits with no findings. Only a small number of Tennessee’s 95 counties can claim this accomplishment. I am grateful to our county’s Department Heads and County Commissioners for their hard work.
Our bond rating is very good. This means, for example, that our county receives great interest rates when we need to build schools, and that affects us all.
We have improved our Solid Waste Department when others shut down convenience centers. We are currently working to improve our Animal Control Department with a new, larger facility.
As more people move in and population grows, we will continue to be challenged. As a County Commissioner for 24 years, and now as County Mayor, I promise to be fair to all residents. I will continue to work with our Chamber and Economic Development Board to keep our folks working here and spending their hard-earned money in Roberson County.
Thank you to all of you who have and continue to support my efforts. I humbly ask for your vote to re-elect me to this great office.
- Married for 48 years to his wife, Cindy
- Children: Jill (Dustin) York, Will Vogle, Matt (Megan) Vogle
- Grandchildren: Carter & Kinley York, Johnnie & Annie Vogle and Carter & Charlie Vogle
- 1973 graduate of Jo Byrns High School
- Member of Adams United Methodist Church
- Member of Red River Lodge 537, Three Time past Master
Service in Public Office
- Robertson County Mayor 2018 – Present
- Robertson County Commissioner 1998-2018
- Budget Committee
- Education Committee
- Landfill Committee
- Law Enforcement Committee
- Nominating Committee
- Adams/Cedar Hill Water Plant (Certification – Water Treatment and Distribution)
- Tobacco Pride Inc., President 1991 – 2000
- L&N/CSX Railroad, 14 years
- Small Business Owner, Adams, TN
- Tobacco & Cattle Farmer